Social Service Assistant
Are you inspired by helping people? So are we! If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full Time and Part Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Riverside PostAcute Care is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking to hire self-motivated, efficient and responsible entry-level Social Service Assistant looking to grow and be part of a caring team at a local Skilled Nursing Facility. Our Social Service Assistants help residents with their basic needs, coordinate social services and act as representatives for seniors who are unable to advocate for themselves. This is a direct hire full time position. If you have a passion for healthcare, this is the right opportunity for you!
- Social service assistants are members of interdisciplinary health care teams within the LTC facility.
- Often the conduct admission for interviews, inform residents and their families of their rights, advocate for residents with social services organizations, help residents to adjust to living in the facility and coordinate care services.
- Coordinating care services may involve ensuring that Medicare and other billing issues are appropriately handled, informing mental health and medical staff if residents require services and scheduling medical and other appointments for residents.
- Social Service Designee certification and high school diploma required.
- Compassion for the elderly and commitment to hospitality and service.
- Positive and nurturing personality, a true want to help and care for those in need.
- Team oriented and collaborative spirit.
- Experience in long-term, skilled nursing care a plus, but not required.
- Open and flexible schedule, availability to work in the evenings or during weekends if needed.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance are available to our Full-Time employees. We offer competitive pay and many opportunities for advancement and bonuses depending on work performance.
- Pay is negotiable based on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.