ADON - Assistant Director of Nursing
Are you inspired by helping people? So are we! If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full Time, Part Time, and Students) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Riverside PostAcute Care is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We're Looking For:
Our organization is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) for the position of Assistant Director of Nursing. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and assist the Director of Nursing with planning, organizing and directing the day-to-day functions of the nursing services department. Experience in long-term care preferred.
- Must possess a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of California.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring scheduling and staffing to ensuring daily PPD requirements are met • Providing assistance to nursing staff when needed (including admissions, med pass and wound care)
- Maintaining and updating the policies and procedures that govern the daily functions of the nursing department
- Working with MDS Coordinator in scheduling care plan meetings and reviewing resident records • Reviewing residents discharge plans
- Making rounds as needed
- Assisting in surveys (inspections); and following up with corrective measures
- Reporting occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals as required by state and federal law
- Abiding with all facility policies and procedures including not disclosing user ID codes and passwords
- Keeping abreast of new state and federal regulations as they pertain to skilled nursing • Attending meetings and serving on committee’s
- Complying with annual facility in-service training programs Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education / Licensure Nursing Degree from accredited school or college
- Valid RN license in good standing Valid CPR and BLS card
- Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 1 year as director of nursing/supervisor for a skilled nursing facility
- Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language
- Proficiency with PCC a plus
- Experience in long-term care preferred.
Riverside PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.